Saturday, July 5, 2008

Heavenly Pleasures

While in Brisbane I borrowed a few books from the library. It was very satisfying to relax into some serious reading for pleasure, which I don't get much time for now that I'm a full-time teacher.

The first book I read was Heavenly Pleasures by Kerry Greenwood. I found it really delightful! Actually the second book in a new series, the story is technically a mystery but also includes some romance and comedy. The book's title derives from the chocolate shop in which the mystery occurs. The main character, Corinna, is a baker, whose shop is called (no surprises here) Earthly Delights (also the title of the first book in the series, which I haven't read).

The book is so full of great quotes that I gave up trying to keep track of them—you'll just have to go read it yourself. But I hope you like cats, because there's quite a few in there.

Recommendation: Good fun. Read it!

1 comment:

deskbound said...

Ian, I have to come out of lurking to comment on this, because your summer (no, winter!) reading brought to mind a woman I met once, who for a time had her own homemade, organic chocolate business. Her name was Eve, so naturally the chocolates were "Eve's Temptations"...
I don't think that my google/blogger identity necessarily reveals precisely who I am, but we went to high school together, we did.